Activate subtitles in English, Italian, Turkish and Greek
This CPD certified e-course is designed to increase the skills, knowledge and abilities of teachers, trainers and mentors so that they can better support vocational education and training (VET) students’ transition into the labour market. The ecourse is particularly useful to adult learners from marginalised backgrounds who wish to set up their own business. Ultimately, this ecourse aims to provide a holistic approach to the issue of poverty and unemployment, which are the key factors that lead to community tensions. Through the implementation of the restorative justice value of power sharing, this ecourses aims to enhance European citizenship and social cohesion.
Moreover, through its nine modules, this innovative ecourse aims to develop critical mind-sets needed to help businesses in all sectors to innovate their processes and systems.
This ecourse was developed in the framework of the Self-Management, entrepreneurship and individual responsibility in VET students (#SMART-VET) programme, funded by the European Commission’s Erasmus+. The project is delivered by RJ4All International Institute (UK), Framework (Italy), Fifty-Fifty (Greece), Karavan (Turkey), AB MERKEZ (Turkey), Reset (Cyprus). It is in line with the ET 2020 policy objective of “Promoting equity, social cohesion and active citizenship”. The course convener is Prof. Theo Gavrielides.
Certification, Accessibility and supporting material
Successful completion will lead to CPD (Continuous Professional Development) Certification (15 points). It takes approximately 20 non-stop hours to fully complete all modules and take the test. There are further reading material that are recommended for additional learning. These could add a further 15 hours of non-stop duration.
The e-course includes software that make it accessible in various languages as well as for those with visual and hearing impairments. This course interactive tools are based on H5P. To learn more; overview of the accessibility of the various H5P content types.
The e-course is supported by a free Trainer’s Manual
- Vocational education and training educators and vocational education and training organizations
- Teachers in secondary educational settings, academies and in the community
- Trainers and Mentors of students not currently in employment
- Vocational, education and training students of all ages
By the end of this course, trainees will be able to:
- Foster key competences and transversal skills required to transition into the labour market
- Tackle issues related with students’ needs and readiness for work
- Learn innovative mentoring and fostering techniques, based on non-formal education to tackle some of the challenges offered by the remote-learning situation
- Learn how to use digital, interactive materials and tools to offer more engaging learning possibility to (ex) students
- Learn how to foster (ex) students’ soft skills via mentoring while on remote learning situations.
Project Number: 2020-1-UK01-KA226-VET-094430
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
- Lectures 39
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 15 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 14
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self