Induction to restorative justice theory and practice
This CPD certified e-course aims to induct professionals and the public into the concept and practices of restorative justice. This is an induction e-course that covers all the basics of restorative justice including its theory, history, current application and promises. If you wish to learn about the application of restorative justice within particular areas and you are already advanced in your knowledge, this ecourse is not for you. Please visit our other ecourses where you can gain a more specialised knowledge.
The e-course can be paused as many times as you need, and completed in your own time. It takes approximately 4 non-stop hours to fully complete all modules and take the test. Additional reading material are also provided for optional further learning and research.
Successful completion will lead to CPD (Continuous Professional Development) Certification. Where young people take part and are registered with one of our Erasmus+ funded projects, YouthPass Certification is also provided. Successful completion will lead to 6 CPD points/units.
- Professionals first encountering restorative justice
- Teachers in primary and secondary schools as well as academies and colleges
- University staff
- Young people
- Practitioners working in the community
- Parents especially with children who are risk of violence
- Youth workers in formal and informal settings
- Youth organisations
- Induct into the restorative justice theory and practice
- Introduce restorative justice within a historical continuum for current implementation whether for formal or informal conflicts
- Provide a critical overview of restorative justice including case studies of implementation
- Increase the skills and knowledge of professionals and practitioners working or volunteering in formal and informal settings on the use of restorative practice
- Practise the learning through case study workshops and test the overall knowledge, skills and experience through a CPD accredited exam.
As a non-profit NGO, RJ4All is pleased to offer this e-course at the subsidised cost.
This fee also includes the e-book 25 Restorative Justice case studies £4.99 by Theo Gavrielides (Author), Ben Lyon (Author), Bill Pelke (Author), Bettina Jung (Author), Richard Grimes (Author), Michael Bunting (Author), Judah Oudshoorn (Author), Brenda Smith (Author), Margot Van Sluytman (Author), Lorenn Walker (Author). Trainees will also be able to download the e-course in the form of a handbook (Power Point).
For purchasing multiple accounts, the following discounts are offered:
- 1 account £30
- 3 accounts 5%
- 5 accounts 10%
- 15 accounts 12%
- 20 accounts or more 15%
For group purchases, please email RJ4All courses & publications firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)7708758600
- Lectures 29
- Quizzes 1
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 68
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self