Improving mental health through restorative justice
This free CPD certified e-course aims to train mental health professionals, carers and other healthcare staff and volunteers on restorative justice and therapeutic approaches. It has been prepared by the Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership Mental Health Matters. The course convener is Prof. Theo Gavrielides.
This highly interactive e-course will introduce you to the values of restorative justice, while providing you with a methodological approach that combines these values with a therapeutic form of art as a means of restoring mental health and injustice.
The ultimate objective of the e-course is to enable practitioners to lead patients through a healing process, which empowers them to improve their mental health and overall wellbeing.
The e-course can be paused as many times as needed. It takes approximately 5 non-stop hours to fully complete all modules and take the CPD test. Additional reading material are also provided for optional further learning and research.
Successful completion will lead to CPD (Continuous Professional Development) Certification.
- mental health professionals and volunteers
- mental health structures’ coordinators,
- mental health career advisors
- carers of people with mental health challenges
- other health care practitioners,
- restorative justice practitioners.
Upon completion of the training programme, participants will be able to understand:
- the concept of restorative justice and restorative art
- the important role that restorative justice and restorative art can play for people who are dealing with mental health issues
- the use of art therapy tools and restorative justice values to support well-being in mental health structures
- the approach of co-creative art in mental health units
- the implementation of art activities for the benefit of mental health service users.
It is also expected that successful completion will lead to improved skills and knowledge in:
- using restorative justice for the empowerment of patients within mental health structures
- applying art therapy for mental health
- implementing restorative justice values and techniques for the healing of mental health patients and restoring relationships.
- Lectures 32
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 68
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Pre- Evaluation Questionnaire
Module 1: Creativity and Recovery: The mental health benefits of Art Therapy
Module 2: The concept of Art: The connection with restorative justice
Module 3: Using art tools and restorative justice values to promote communication
Module 4: Exploring co-creative art in mental health units
Module 5: Art activities to support mental health treatment and the promotion of mental health
Post- Evaluation Questionnaire
RJ4ALL DIVERSITY FORM