This CPD certified e-course aims to train teachers, youth workers and other professionals working or volunteering in formal or informal educational and crime prevention settings.
The e-course uses the values and practices of restorative justice and human rights in order to build knowledge, skills and capacity when working with children and young people who are at risk of marginalisation, group violence and violent radicalisation. A wholistic preventative model for prevention is presented, while a number of case studies allow the rich training material to be put in the everyday contact of young people.
The e-course can be paused as many times as you need, and completed in your own time. It takes approximately 8 non-stop hours to fully complete all modules and take the test. Additional reading material are also provided for further learning and research.
- Teachers in primary and secondary schools as well as academies and colleges
- University staff
- Young people
- Practitioners working in the community to prevent young people from becoming involvement in crime and violent radicalisation
- Restorative justice practitioners and organisations
- Victim support and offender focused organisations
- Parents especially with children who are risk of being groomed into gangs and violence
- Youth workers in formal and informal settings
- Youth organisations
- Youth policy makers.
The e-course is particularly useful for teachers in primary and secondary education in the UK. It was funded by Southwark Council, and makes reference to the UK’s prevent duty and strategy.
- Induct into the restorative justice theory and provide a critical overview including case studies of implementation
- Increase the skills and knowledge of practitioners working or volunteering in formal and informal educational settings on the use of restorative practice, positive psychology and the Good Lives Model especially within the context of violent youth radicalisation
- Increase the knowledge of educationalists and youth workers on violent youth radicalisation and implementing alternative positive approaches for prevention
- Build resilience and knowledge that will ultimately lead to preventing youth violent radicalisation.
- Practise the learning through case study workshops and test the overall knowledge, skills and experience through a CPD accredited exam.
As a non-profit NGO, RJ4All is pleased to offer this e-course at the subsidised cost of £10.
For purchasing multiple accounts, the following discounts are offered:
- 1 account £30
- 3 accounts 5%
- 5 accounts 10%
- 15 accounts 12%
- 20 accounts or more 15%
For group purchases, please email RJ4All courses & publications firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)7708758600
- Lectures 84
- Quizzes 2
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 179
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self