The COVID19 pandemic has had detrimental effects on all of us independently of whether we have been directly infected or not. The isolation and the virus’ socio-economic impact will continue irrespective of our age or background.
This certified e-course aims to train anyone wishing to learn how to improve their awareness and understanding of mental health problems and to be able to more effectively support people who are experiencing poor mental health especially in relation to the implications caused by COVID19. This includes service non-clinical professionals, healthcare users as well as friends, family members and work colleagues.
As with all RJ4All training programmes, this e-course aims to empower trainees, independently of background, to gain a voice on matters they feel passionate about. We place particular emphasis on supporting young people and youth workers as well as teachers and anyone offering youth services. This ecourse is also highly useful for any handlers of mental health help lines.
By the end of the course, you should be able to know:
- What is mental health
- The importance of good mental health
- Some of the contributing factors to mental health problems
- What mental health problems are, the stigma and stereotypes that surround them and some common misconceptions
- How social media can affect mental health
- The different types of mental health problems and the effects they can have
- How there are many things that can help or impede our mental health
- What a mental health crisis is and how to support someone in crisis
- Mental health during COVID19 and the long lasting effects it has caused
- The practical support you can offer people and to yourselves including being able to work on a mental health help line.
The e-course can be paused and completed in your own time. It takes approximately 5 non-stop hours to fully complete all modules and take the test. Additional reading material are also provided for further learning and research.
- Non-clinical professionals working with people experiencing mental health problems
- Young people/ professionals independently of their background
- Youth organisations and NGOs
- Youth workers in informal and formal settings
- Young people working with people experiencing mental health problems
The course material were put together by RJ4All experts who work in the field of mental health. They are independently assessed by external examiners from the CPD accreditation service.
This e-course is free for all young people/ professionals below the age of 25, or to any student. To receive complimentary registration, please email email@example.com with either your student ID or proof of age.
For those who are not a student or below 25, as a non-profit institute, RJ4All is pleased to offer this e-course at the subsidised cost of £10. We use these funds to support our Balancing Power Youth Programme including our COVID19 emergency relief project, and we do not make any profit.
For purchasing multiple accounts, the following discounts are offered:
- 1 account £30
- 3 accounts 5%
- 5 accounts 10%
- 15 accounts 12%
- 20 accounts or more 15%
For group purchases, please email RJ4All courses & publications firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)7955728951
- Lectures 60
- Quizzes 1
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 17
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Module 1 - Introduction to mental health
Module 2: Types of mental health problems
Module 3: How are different groups affected by mental health problems?
Module 4: What affects mental health?
Module 5: Helping and advising
Module 6: The Covid-19 pandemic and Mental health
- The Covid-19 Pandemic and Mental Health
- How has Covid-19 impacted mental health?
- Common mental health concerns relating to Covid-19 and useful ways for approaching these
- Living with family/friends who they don’t get on with
- Concerned about a friend/family member who is vulnerable
- Worsening mental health
- Addressing mental health issues associated with quarantine and self-isolation
Module 7: Helpline training