This CPD accredited e-course aims to train professionals in higher education settings on restorative justice theory and practice. It focuses on capacity building university staff in dealing with conflicts taking place in university settings. These include staff-staff, students-students, staff-students, staff-university, students-university, university-external stakeholders. The e-course has been developed based on face to face training programmes that the RJ4All International Institute has delivered in universities in the UK such as the University of East London.
E-course content & cost
This e-course has been developed by Professor Theo Gavrielides and Mr. Ben Lyon. It has 3 Key Modules as well as a test that will lead to CPD Certification. Additional resources and a downloadable bibliography are also provided. Successful completion will lead to CPD Certification (10 units).
The e-course can be paused and completed in your own time. It takes approximately 5 non-stop hours to fully complete all modules and take the test. Additional reading material are also provided for further learning and research.
The e-course can also be provided in person as part of our International Institute’s training packages. For more information please visit this page
- University staff
- Academics of all levels (junior lecturers, lecturers, professors etc)
- HR staff
- University students
- University personnel
- Anyone working in higher education settings including colleges
- Policy makers and researchers with an interest in restorative justice in higher education.
- Higher education course developers.
- Induct into the restorative justice theory and provide a critical overview of existing definitions
- Increase the skills and knowledge of professionals working or volunteering in higher educational settings on the use of restorative practice
- Enable higher education staff and volunteers to implement restorative justice in interpersonal conflict situations and disputes (e.g. between staff – students, staff – staff, university – staff, university – students, students – students)
- Empower university staff and HR to prevent student misconduct, disputes and vandalism and/ or deal with them restoratively when they occur in campuses and other university premises
- Enable human resources to deal with issues in a restorative justice way
- Enable HR and Academic management to design and implement policies for preventing and dealing with conflicts, disputes and misconduct in a restorative justice way and without the need for litigation
- Practise the learning through case study workshops and test the overall knowledge, skills and experience through a CPD accredited exam.
As a non-profit NGO, RJ4All is pleased to offer this e-course at a subsidised cost.
For purchasing multiple accounts, the following discounts are offered:
- 1 account £30
- 3 accounts 5%
- 5 accounts 10%
- 15 accounts 12%
- 20 accounts or more 15%
For group purchases, please email RJ4All courses & publications firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)7708758600.
- Lectures 31
- Quizzes 3
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 11
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self