Click on the button above to activate the page reader
The e-course will aim to train youth workers to be able to train others using GBV approaches based on media education and
restorative justice. This course will provide them with the skills and knowledge to make structural change possible with an active participation in gender sensitive perspectives to projects.
- The link between stereotypes and gender-based violence
- Interdisciplinary perspectives on restorative justice
- Pedagogical models on media education: how to educate and develop a critical thinking of the contents, how to develop multimedia writing skills and how to educate yourself in the correct linguistic use of the media
- Didactic techniques for the analysis of media messages to deconstruct gender stereotypes
- Tools, strategies and best practices on how to tackle and overcome situations of gendered discrimination or violence in
working with young people
- How to use tools and strategies to make youth centres, workshops and projects for young people more inclusive and safer
The e-course can be paused as many times as needed. It takes approximately 10 non-stop hours to fully complete all modules and take the CPD test. Additional reading material are also provided for optional further learning and research.
We have included software that make the e-course accessible in various languages as well as for those with visual and hearing impairments.
Successful completion will lead to CPD (Continuous Professional Development) Certification (10 points).
Youth workers who have previous experience in the field of training (teachers) and / or selected in the field of pedagogical /
The course aims to respond to the training needs of young workers on gender-based violence, providing them with the basic
concepts to understand the characteristics of this structural phenomenon of our societies, outlining methodologies and
educational strategies to prevent and combat the gender-based violence.
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
- Lectures 24
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 5 hour
- Language English
- Students 4
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Module 2 - Gender and Sexuality as topics in youth work
Module 3 - Interdisciplinary perspectives on restorative justice
Module 4 - Media literacy and the prosumer: Background, concepts and considerations
Module 5 - Deep into gendered narratives
Module 6 - Overcome Situations of Gender Discrimination / Violence in working with young people
Post evaluation questionnaire